Primary Care Resource Center (PCRC)
MVH has joined with the Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative (PRHI) to provide a new support service to our community.
The PCRC is a resource to help MVH patients with chronic health problems - and their families - to understand and coordinate the care that their primary care doctor has prescribed for them.
A team of nurse care managers and a clinical pharmacist can help with:
- Learning more about your doctor's diagnosis, especially Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Heart Failure (CHF) or any type of Coronary Artery Disease
- Understanding your medications
- Arranging follow-up care
- Respiratory inhaler training and better breathing education
- Tobacco and smoking cessation classes
- "Survival Skills" training for diabetes, nutrition, etc.
The PCRC Team welcomes you to visit them on the fourth floor of the hospital Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. An optional home visit can be arranged by appointment.
Most services are free to our patients and we give your doctor an update.
Call the PCRC at 724-258-1932 for more information or to schedule an appointment.