- General Diagnostic Radiology which produces a still picture of the body's interior by passing small highly controlled amounts of radiation through the body and capturing the resulting shadows and reflections on film.
- Mammography which is radiography of the tissue of the breasts. Also offered is stereotactic biopsies of the breast that takes sample tissue of suspicious areas.
- Ultrasound which uses sound waves to produce images of organs, vessels, and tissues of the body.
- CT Scanning which is a computerized exam that generates a detailed cross-sectional view of anatomy or structure of organs and tissues in the body.
- Nuclear Medicine procedures which use small amounts of radiopharmaceuticals swallowed or injected to create images of anatomy.
- Special Procedures which are interventional and diagnostic procedures involving vessels and other body parts.
In addition, MVH's 1.5 TESLA MRI system combines state-of-the-art technology with patient comfort to pinpoint problems in the brain, spine, breast, body or extremities by using computers and a magnetic field.
Another technology used in Medical Imaging is PET/CT. PET (Positron Emission Tomography) is a test that uses special imaging cameras and a radioactive type of sugar to produce pictures of the function and metabolism of the cells of the body. CT (Computerized Tomography) and PET are merged together into a single machine producing PET/CT - a picture of both the body’s metabolism and structure.
2, 64 Slice CT Units
The hospital also offers 64 slice CT scanners which can capture images of a beating heart in five heartbeats and can perform a whole body trauma scan in ten seconds. This diagnostic power enables the performance of CT angiography, rapid tests for ER stroke and chest pain, imaging of whole body trauma, and biopsies.
The hospital’s Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, PET/CT, and MRI departments have all been accredited by the ACR (American College of Radiology). The ACR is a national organization servicing more than 30,000 radiologists, radiation oncologists and medical physicists and awards accreditation to the different radiology modalities for the achievement of high practice standards after a voluntary evaluation of its practice.
Call 724-258-1040 or 724-258-1041 for more information.
For outpatient medical imaging, visit HealthPLEX Imaging and Rostraver Imaging.