MVH's Annual Medical Symposium Addresses Updates in Cancer Management
(September 30, 2015 - Carroll Township, Pa.)
Physicians from noted medical centers throughout the United States will discuss "Updates in Cancer Management" during Monongahela Valley Hospital's 26th Annual Medical Staff Symposium on Wednesday, Oct. 21, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. in the Hospital's Anthony M. Lombardi Education and Conference Center.
The symposium is designed to educate physicians, nurses and other health care professionals on the latest advancements in breast cancer detection, screening and prevention; new approaches to prostate cancer detection and management; colorectal cancer management; targeted treatments for non-small-cell lung cancer; and the nuances of disclosures in today's practice environment.
- Julia A. Smith, M.D., Ph.D., associate director of the NYUCI Cancer Screening and Prevention Program, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY
- James L. Mohler, M. D., associate director for Cancer Center Support Grant Shared Resources, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
- James F. Pingpank Jr., M.D., FACS, associate professor of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Nathan A. Pennell, M.D., Ph.D., associate director, Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Douglas R. Nolin, Esq., Peacock, Keller and Ecker, LLP, Washington, PA
Monongahela Valley Hospital is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This live activity is designated for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. In addition, MVH will provide 5.0 CE for nurses in accordance with Pennsylvania Professional Law Section 12.
A registration fee of $25 includes a continental breakfast and lunch. For more information, call 724-258-1145.
Current News | More Headlines
About MVH |
Visitor Information | Find
a Physician | Specialties and Services
Services | Careers &
Volunteers | News & Events | Reference
and Education | Contact Us | Home
Monongahela Valley Hospital: 1163 Country Club Road, Monongahela,
PA 15063, 724-258-1000
© 2016 Mon-Vale Health Resources, Inc. | MVH
Notice of Privacy Practices | All rights reserved.